Stadium in Mangalore
About Mangala Stadium in MangaloreMangala Stadium is the only stadium in the vibrant city of Mangalore. The stadium like the city is named after the Goddess Mangaladevi. This stadium is an athletic and sport stadium and is situated in the heart of Mangalore city. The stadium is maintained by the state department in Karnataka which is responsible for Sports and Youth Affairs. Adjacent to the stadium is also a gymnasium and a swimming pool. The adjoining area of the stadium is also used for local festivals, cultural activities and commercial trade shows which play an important part of Mangalore’s local life. Mangala Stadium is around thirty years old and is the nerve center for Mangalore sports community.
The Mangala Stadium in Mangalore flaunts a 3.15 crore worth synthetic track
Facilities available in Mangala StadiumThe following are the various facilities that are available in this popular Mangalore stadium. They are as follows:
- The Mangala stadium is a location where different athletic events are held and sportsman participate in these activities here. Athletic activities like long jump, shot-put, javelin and running is held here.
- The adjacent swimming pool also hosts various swimming local events and enjoys 6 lanes there.
- The Mangala Stadium flaunts a synthetic track and the local runners can enjoy their practice session and improve their performance under their mentors. For this they should thank the administration of Dakshina Kannada who had taken up the project which ran over 3 crore’s and was developed by Syncotts company.
- The stadium also helps in offering space for various trade activities in the adjoining vacant area. This encourages both from other parts of India to invest in Mangalore economy and Mangalore is fast gearing up its architecture to become the next hub of IT in India.
- Festival and cultural activities play an important role in the city’s life. During festival seasons various traditional Mangalore cultural and festival activities are held here. Handicrafts trade is also held here and this encourages local handicraftsman to promote their goods among tourists and local residents of Mangalore. The traditional cultural festivals educate the urban residents of their past heritage and help them to cherish it.
- Various national events like Youth festival in its 17th convention was held here recently. This helped young people from other parts of India come to Mangalore and understand its vibrant cultural life and the diverse communities that stay in harmony with each other. This is one important message that the city can give to its other urban cities in India.