Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple
The temple is a holy place for Hindus and it has said to attract thousands of devotees from all over India to visit it during both festive and ordinary days. During the rainy season, the great river Nandini flows water like a python. The nature that surrounds around the temple is said to be a treat for the people who visit it. Pilgrims who visit this temple to pay their offerings to God never get a mind to leave this place as they get divinely attached to the temple in many ways. The scenic beauty and the temple environs can make one stay all day in this temple. The temple is located in a perfect geographical location that makes it easily accessible from all parts of the country.
Yakshagaana - The popular art form performed in this templeThe temple has been encouraging many different types of arts since the day it was constructed. Yakshagaana is one such art form that was formed and organized from this temple. It is said to be a traditional theatre form that has music, dance, makeup, spoken word and a unique style. The word Yakshagaana means intriguing and interesting. This theatre is very much famous all over the state of Karnataka and they have got five troupes in Kateel. Yakshagaana is the only art tradition that has been in existence for the past few generations. They do go for a tour during the months of November and May.
Yakshagaana artist dressed as Goddess Durga while performing at Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple
Annadaana offered by the temple The Annadaana in this temple make Shree Kshethra to be identified as the realm of God. More than 2000 people visit this place in a day. The people who are said to visit the temple can get the Prasada Bhojan. During every Friday more than 4000 people visit this temple. The main factor of significance about Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple is that it offers Pasada Bhojan to any number of people as they want the devotees to leave the temple with a happy mind.
During the festival seasons and Navaraathri, the temple gets crowded with more than 8000 devotees from all over India who visit this place on the special occasion to get the blessings from the God. During the Fridays of Simhamaasa the devotees can get the Shree Devi’s Bhojan Prasadam. Free meals are provided to the devotees during noon and night time. These meals are served to them once the Mahapooja gets over.
The free meals can tasted on all day in a year except on the Ekaadashi. The students who are said to be studying at the institution of the temple do get free food except during holidays. The temple is said to be providing free food to the students who study in their free institution for the past 15 years. The free food that is being served to the devotees are eaten by everyone who visit this temple. Many tourists have said to be loving the food that is served in the temple.
Main entrance of Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple
Events and Festivals celebrated in the temple The Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple celebrates many festivals all around the year. The following are some of the festivals and the special poojas that take place during the special occasions.
The Annual festival is said to happen in this temple before the night of Mesha Sankramana. The temple gets decorated and one can witness many themes in the decorative part. The annual festival is said to occur during April and it gets celebrated for more than eight days. Each and every day of this festival differ in terms of events and decoration to the God.
Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple looks brightly lit during a festival
- The Laksha Deepothsava festival is said to be celebrated during the day of Karika Bahula Panchami.
- The famous Sharannavarathri festival occurs for nine days beginning from Ashwija Shuddha Pratipada. The Ranga pooja sevas that is offered to the God during this occasion is very much famous and many people do visit this temple to witness and get the blessings from the God during this occasion.
- Vasanthothsava is a festival that is said to be celebrated nearly for a month of time starting from Vaishaka Shuddha Pratipada Masa. This festival mostly occurs during the autumn season. Various crops, flowers and fruits are offered to the God by the devotees to get the blessings.
- Chanmundi and the God gathering will be organized during the time of Vrishabha Sankramana Masa.
- Hattanavadi Patttanaje marks the tenth day in celebrating the Vrishabha Massa. The final and the last celebration for the year will be done during this period of time. During this day, Yakshagaana Mela which is known as a folk play team wanders around to play the legendary dramas until the starting of the new year.
- Nagapanchami is celebrated in this temple and a snake worship is said to be done during the Shravana Shuddha Panchami day. Naga Devata in this temple gets the offerings from the devotees during this festive occasion.
- Simha Sankramana is celebrated during the month of Simha Masa. The whole month of Simha Hasa is completely regarded as a Holy month in this place. The flower pooja that is offered to the God is a very special type of pooja that happens in this occasion.
- Shri Krishna Janmashtami is a festive occasion that occurs during the birthday of the God Shri Krishna. Many people from all over India visit the temple during this special occasion to celebrate the birthday of the Lord Shri Krishna.
- Kadiru Habba is an occasion in which the fresh grown corn is offered to the God on the Bhadrapada Shuddha Hasta day. This occasion is said to be celebrated with a huge dedication.
- Shri Ganesha Chathurthi is a festive occasion during which a special pooja is offered to the Lord Ganesha and a holy fire pooja is done during this occasion for Lord Ganesha. More than 8000 people visit this temple and one can find it fully crowded with people.
- During Naraka Chathudhasi festival, free oil is offered to the poor people who visit this temple on the special event. This is completely a different type of festival in this temple and it is celebrated during the month of Ashwija Bahula Chathurdhashi.
- Deepavali Bali Padya is a festive occasion in which special poojas take place during the noon time and the famous utsava Bali will get performed during the night time. The Bali Padya will be organized on the very next day of this occasion.
- Tulasi Pooja is performed each and every day in this temple. The pooja is said to happen after the Mahapooja. During the evening time, a special pooja named as Ksheerabdhi is offered with Tulasi to the God.
Educational Institutions run by the Temple ManagementThe Temple Management has been running various Educational Institutions starting from schools to colleges and they have been running these institutions without collecting any type of fees from the students. The management committee has made a note that they would be providing free education to the students who are about to study in their schools and colleges. Many students who are from a poor family background can join in the school and make them educated to turn India into a bigger country in the near future. The schools and colleges have been teaching many good thoughts to the students so that they can walk towards their future.
How to reach Kateel Shree Durga Parameshwari Temple?
The transport system that prevails in the city is very efficient that you can find buses, cars, taxis, trains and flights in high frequencies.
Mangalore has been connected with all the possible transport facilities. One can reach this place by taking a bus service either through the government or the private buses.
The Mangalore Central railway station is the nearby railway station to this temple. One can also get down in Surathkal railway station and reach this place through bus.
Get down at the airport at Bajpe. The temple is located at a distance of 16 kms from the airport. There are many bus services that can be used to reach this temple.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0