Government Hospitals in Mangalore
Lady Goschen Government Hospital in MangaloreThe Lady Goschen Hospital in Mangalore is one of the oldest hospitals of the city. Earlier it was a maternity hospital and was established in 1848. This hospital not only offers medical service to the people of Mangalore but also its adjoining areas. Kasturba Medical College is attached with the various functions of the Lady Goschen Government Hospital in Mangalore. Currently there is over two hundred and sixty beds available for its patients. Lady Goschen Government Hospital in Mangalore offers specialty services in maternity, surgery, medicine and gynecology. In 1987 the X-Ray unit was started for this hospital. The hospital has around seventy governmental staff and there is also an NICU facility with four ventilators available in this hospital.
Lady Goschen Hospital in Mangalore was established in the year 1848 and is highly popular for its various treatments
Various Schemes Offered by Lady Goschen Government Hospital in Mangalore
- Bala sanjeevini Yojane
- Issues of birth certificate
- Issues of wound certificate
- Janani shishu suraksha kalyana Yojane
- Janani suraksha Yojane
- Madilu kit distribution
Various Departments in Lady Goschen Government Hospital in Mangalore
- Clinical Laboratory
- Gynecological Ward
- ICTC Laboratory
- LABOUR Ward
- OPERATION Theater
- POST Operative Ward
- Scanning and Ultra Sound
- Septic Labor Theater
- Sterilization ward
Contact Address:Maidan Road, Hampankatta Mangalore, Karnataka - 575001, INDIA
Landline-Phone: 824-2445611 | 2423138
E-mail Id: email@example.com
Wenlock District Hospital in MangaloreWenlock Hospital is a reputed governmental hospital in Mangalore and is located in its prime area. Wenlock Hospital was set up in 1848 and has been providing excellent medical care to the poorer section of population in Mangalore and other areas of Dakshina Kannada. Patients from Kerala also visit this hospital to enjoy its superior medical care which is available at nominal rates. The hospital has around seven hundred beds and more 200 beds which are dedicated to its pediatric department. This wing was donated by the software giant company Infosys and is also known as Regional Advanced Pediatric Care Center.
Administration Structure of Wenlock HospitalThe hospital like most government hospital has a very efficient administration which is headed by the Superintendent of the hospital and the District Surgeon.
- Surgeon and the RMO are responsible for the various medical officers, medical stores and medical records maintained in the hospital. The RMO is responsible for the overall operations of the hospital on a day to day basis.
- Nursing Superintendent is responsible for the overall nurses working in Wenlock hospital Group D governmental workers in this hospital.
- The Principal of School of Nursing is responsible for the overall school operations like admission, teaching and coordination of other activities. This school is now operating from the first floor in the OPD block of the hospital.
- Principal’s for Junior Health Training Center and Senior Health Assistants Training Centre are responsible for conducting the exams in the center and coordinating with the various trainers. The center is residential in nature and situated within the hospital premise.
- Assistant Administrative Officers assist the District Surgeon and the other is related with financial affairs. They are assisted by three superintendents in this matter.
- Skin & VD
- Color Doppler
- CT scan
- FNAC/ Pathology/ Microbiology Laboratory
- Malaria Laboratory
Contact Address: Hampankatta, Mangalore, Karnataka - 575 001, INDIA
Landline-Phone Number: 0824 333333
List of Other Governmental Hospitals in MangalorePrimary Health Centre
Contact Address: Main Rd Ullal-575020.
Rural Maternity & Child Welfare Centre
Samudaya Arogya Kendra
Landline- Phone: 08255-233332
These hospitals are especially beneficial for the poorer sections of the society as they have limited financial resources. People from adjoining areas and Kerala also visit these governmental hospitals in Mangalore.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0