Blood Banks in Mangalore
Activities conducted by Blood banks in MangaloreOne of the important ways by which these blood banks collect blood is by organizing various donation camps around the district through the year. Special care is taken in the donation camps to test the blood of the donating person using various medical tests and then store the blood in special packets for future use. These blood donation camps are very popular in the winter season and the residents of Mangalore actively participate to make it a success. Blood donation camps are also organized through innovative measures like making vehicles that have banners of slogans about blood donation making rounds in the city. Measures like these have created immense awareness among public.
Mobile van of National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) in Mangalore to create awareness among public about blood donation
Mangalore has a blood bank in every important location and they are open 24X7 , 365 days a year. Blood banks in Mangalore offer delivery service or the relative’s patient can come down and collect the blood as per his requirement. Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immuno haematology is responsible for the overall administration of blood banks in India. The blood banks of Mangalore also fall under its jurisdiction and follow its main objectives which are:
- To develop an awareness among ordinary people to donate blood at regular intervals.
- To make ordinary people aware and help them to lead ordinary lifestyle.
- To create availability of safe blood in Mangalore.
- To follow the process of safe blood transfusion and basic standards hygiene standards are maintained in the blood banks.
- To plan various blood donation camps and motivate the residents of Mangalore to join them.
- The volunteers are also educated to follow specific rules and standards maintained by the organization.
- Updating existing blood banks to use current medical processes and store medical database in a proper manner.
- Training the staff of the blood banks to be efficient, patient and do their job responsibilities in a correct manner.
List of Important Blood Banks in MangaloreAthena Hospital
Falnir, Mangalore - 575001
Blood Brain Boime Banking Trust
Balmatta Road, Mangalore
M.V. Shetty Hospital
A.B.Shetty Circle, Mangalore
Mangalore Nursing Home
Upper Bendoor, Mangalore - 575002
University Medical Centre
Opposite Jyothi Theatre, Balmatta Road, Mangalore - 575001
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0