The building of Bejai Museum looks like a house when you look at it from the outside
Things to see at Bejai MuseumThe Bejai museum is a storehouse of paintings and coin collections of different eras of India’s past.
Utensils and vessels made out of copper and other metals in display at Bejai Museum in Mangalore
Some popular artifacts are:
- There is the famous copper inscription which is one of the popular highlight of the museum. The verses of Keladi Venkatappa Nayaka one of the reigning kings is said to be inscribed in the copper inscription. The cooper inscription is said to be dated around 1624 AD.
- The Bejai Museum is also a proud owner of old coins belonging to Pakistan and British East India Company.
- The museum also houses sculptures of various gods and goddesses in various different styles from various different eras.
- Stone sculptures not only of modern times, but one dating back to 2500 BC is safely preserved here.
- While visiting the Bejai museum you would see various ancient metal lamps and icons there which have accurate description in them.
- The Bejai Museum also is a precious storehouse of various paintings from artists like N Hanumesh and KL Bhat. All these paintings belonged to various art collectors and are loved by art lovers who visit this museum and study the fine nuances of these masterpieces.
- Old photographs in black and white are also displayed here.
- Among the interesting collections in Bejai museum is the collection of various weapons like swords, rifles, axes and a special trumpet called “Khale” which was blown before the war was started.
- If you like going thru old musical instruments, the Bejai would mesmerize you with its collection. The conch shell is also a popular item here.
- Wooden screens with dragon designs and made in China also finds a popular display position here.
- The Bejai museum also showcases priceless porcelain articles which are collected and stored here from around the world.
Reaching Bejai Museum in MangaloreBy Air:
The Bejai International Airport of Mangalore is 20 km from the main city. Tourist visiting Mangalore from any parts of India have many flights which would help them enjoy a comfortable flight to Mangalore. The Bejai Museum is located in the heart of the city. Thus within half an hour the tourist can visit the museum using personal transportation.
Since the museum is situated within the vibrant Mangalore city, it would take a few minutes before you would reach the Bejai Main Road where the museum is situated. You can use local public transport like auto rickshaws and buses to reach your locations.
The Bejai Museum is very well connected and you can reach the museum using local public transport while traveling there by road.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 1